School Enrollment Information


Enrollment forms are available for printing here. If you would like to email the forms back, please email to M.E. enrollment or to [email protected]

Enrollment requires completion of enrollment forms and copies of a child's birth certificate and Health/Immunization Record. State law stipulates that no child may attend school until all required immunizations are complete and the Immunization Record is on file at the school. For students transferring from another school, all records from the previous school are also required.

To be enrolled in Kindergarten, children must be five years old before September 1. Children who meet this requirement, and their parents, should come to Kindergarten Roundup for the required physical exams, vision, hearing and dental screening, and enrollment paperwork. Roundup is held in early April. Attending Kindergarten Roundup is very important for helping children have the best possible start at school.
Preschool enrollment is available throughout the year for younger children with identified special educational needs. For more information, call LKSD Early Childhood Department at 543-4869.

The M.E. School administration and teaching staff view student placement in classes as a critical part of the education process. We therefore make every effort to place each student appropriately. The basic procedure for placement is set by district and Advisory School Board policies, which seek fairness and equity for all children by directing that classrooms be balanced by gender, ethnicity, language development, skill and content proficiency, learning styles, special needs, and age. Classroom placement decisions are determined by appropriate academic level considerations.

See ENROLLMENT, above. In addition to regular enrollment requirements, parents of children coming from other schools must provide a complete set of records, including any Individual Education Plan (IEP). By state law, no child may attend school without a copy of their fully up-to-date Immunization Record. If parents do not have records from the previous school, our secretary will arrange to get them if parents provide a phone number or address. For Alaska schools, the name of the school and school district are sufficient. However, children can be enrolled more quickly when parents already have their child's records in hand. So that the assigned teacher can have time to properly prepare for a new student, children enrolled after the start of the school year may begin attending the day following completion of enrollment.

Parents of children transferring their child from the Ayaprun Elitnaurvik Immersion School, from one of the district's Yup'ik First Language schools, from a private school, and from home school should know that their child may be tested for proper grade placement according to the School District Standards Based Program.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.